Mathematica Notebook Frontend

Christoph Uhlemann CFU_1983 at web.de
Mon Oct 1 10:29:57 CDT 2001

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Christoph Uhlemann <CFU_1983 at web.de> wrote:
> : I think these two lines are the problem:
>
> : err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for DESKJETC
> You probably imported some parts of the windows registry or ini files. This
> one will probably inhibit printing, but doens't seem fatal neither.

That's what I thought too, but after I had installed wine without any
windows and then installed mathematica the error still appeared?!

> : err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [00010028] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
>
> Maybe related to the one above, maybe not. Try to find out where 00010028 is
> first emntioned.
>
> : but I'm not sure - I read in the user manual that the fonts aren't a
> : problem! I read the messages a hundred times I think and tried a lot of
> : things (mainly using different dlls) but as I couldn't figure out what
> : these two lines mean it was not successfull. I was hoping for some help
> :   but do not need someone to tell me to read the error-messages!
>
> ../documentation/fonts.smgl.
> There were receips posted in the newsgroup too. Try deja to search for
> them. B.t.w. wasn't it of some help telling you what to expect from the font
> errors?
>

> : PS: I saw a lot of replies like "couldn't you post the complete
> : message..." and so tried to do better and didn't cut away anything.
>
> Bye

Thanx a lot for trying to help me but today I got Mathematica for linux
and so it's not necessary anymore - but it's cool to see winblows-apps
run under linux anyway!

	Christoph