failed to load .so lib for builtin opengl32.dll

Jan-Tore jan_tore at c2i.net
Mon Oct 1 11:53:58 CDT 2001

Hello there !

I have a little problem I hope one of you can help me with.
OpenGL won't work with wine, but it works fine under native linux.

Here's some output from wine when I tried to run Quake3 Arena:

[root at linux q3]# wine quake3.exe
err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file
for the Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
opengl32.dll: /usr/lib/libopengl32.so: undefined symbol: display
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock

I've noticed the undefined symbol error, and have browsed the help
available at winehq.com. Tried to recompile it several times from
CVS, but the same error keeps popping up.

Here's a little info on my system:

Mandrake 8.0
Gcc 3.0.1
glibc 2.2.2
XFree 4.0.3 with DRI (working fine)

Info about my hardware:
Duron 800Mhz
384Mb RAM
Voodoo3 2000 AGP

And by the way; I compiled wine with the --enable-opengl switch.
I apreciate all help I can get :)

Jan-Tore