winehq's wine vs Corel wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Oct 1 21:01:54 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Ilja Kamps wrote:

> I am no expert but I guess it is due to change to the Wine code,
> some older versions of wine work with certain apps while these
> apps do not work with newer versions.

This is called a regression.  There is a somewhat laborious procedure
outlined in <wine>/documentation/cvs-regression.sgml - Looks like the
author ??? is Gerard Patel - on how to isolate the fix for something
else that broke your app.  If you will find it, there is a much better
chance that it will get fixed right this time.  When you get down to
individual patches, look around winehq for list archives.  I don't think
the doco is current on mailing list archives, and FI every patch that
goes into the cvs is mentioned in the wine-cvs list with a URL by which
it can be retrieved.

Feel free to use this nasty little sed program to read the sgml wine
doco:

#!/bin/sh
sed -e 's/<[^<>]*>//g' -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' $1 |less -ni

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.