Trouble setting up wine

bentley423 bentley423NOSpam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 00:12:36 CDT 2001

Hi,

I have followed the Installation Guide on the winehq website, but the "bz"
files they reference in the guide are not there.  All I could download was
the "unstripped-latest-version" rpm files, which I did.

Through following the installation instructions, I copied and renamed the
files, as well as changed the attributes, but all I come up with when
running wine -v is "cannot execute binary file".

When I run ldd /usr/local/bin/wine I get "not a dynamic executable",
despite the chmod a+x attribute I applied to it.

Am I running the wrong version (rpm vs binary) of this file?  I can't seem
to find any others, or any bz files on the site for download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA