Tried a different tack ....

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Thu Oct 4 20:03:35 CDT 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 12:00:23AM +0100, Lee J. wrote:
> > Did you say you were using a Codeweavers release?
> > rpm -ql codeweavers-wine, reveals it to be located at:
> >
> > /opt/wine/bin/winedbg
> Indeed it does.   However, /opt/wine/bin/winedbg is a symbolic link to
> /opt/wine/bin/wine, which doesn't exist.  I already went as far down
> that trail as I could figure out.  I'm now compiling 20011004 from
> scratch.
winedbg is a Winelib program.  The actual program file is named  in the same directory should be a symbolic link to the wine
executable (/opt/wine/bin/wine.bin is it?  I wish y'all would just build
from the source so I know where things are.).  When Wine is invoked by a
symbolic link so, it knows to go back to the directory the symbolic link
came from and run the .so file.
Winelib programs are neat, and fun to write.