Tried a different tack ....

Phil Stracchino alaric at babcom.com
Fri Oct 5 02:05:39 CDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:42:17AM +0000, gerard patel wrote:
> Ah yes, I think I see what happens...
> There is an old problem with fonts that I had never the time
> to handle. This causes an X error. When displaying the error,
> Wine can (optionally) display a message in a message box
> (the default is a printf on the console). If it tries to display
> the error message in a message box, it is trying to access X
> while X is locked -> Bad.
>
> To get back to the (probable) cause of the problem :

<snip>

Great, I'll try this patch tomorrow and let you know what happens.  (Too
late at night to start another build now.)

--
  *********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********
  phil stracchino   ::   alaric at babcom.com   ::   halmayne at sourceforge.net
    unix ronin     ::::   renaissance man   ::::   mystic zen biker geek
     2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)
       Linux Now! ...because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.