Installation problem

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Oct 5 18:22:38 CDT 2001

On Fri, 05 Oct 2001 20:54:27 GMT, Randy Heineke <rbheineke at home.com>
wrote:

>023. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    CRITICAL
>(entry "SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found).
>
>- ADVICE: file winedefault.reg doesn't seem to have been applied using
>regapi.
>
>I have no SHAREDMEMLOCATION in ~/.wine/config ("grep SHAREDMEMLOCATION
>.wine/config" returns nothing).
>So it looks like regapi could fix .wine/config if I had it or I could
>figure out how to get it and run it.

regapi is an auxiliary program included with the source
distribution - you have to compile it.
If you don't have it, the rpm builder has forgotten it.
You could report to the guy to explain that regapi is useful
so it can be included next time.

>Or I could just edit .wine/config.  Parsing the syntax appears
>nontrivial to me and I don't know what value to use.

You can try to stuff directly the data in the ~/.wine/system.reg
and ~/.wine/user.reg files and see if it helps.

Gerard