Wine and a newbie

phrostie pfrostie at
Fri Oct 5 18:14:50 CDT 2001

generally speaking Mandrake is the easiest to setup for a newbie.
it still requires you to read a little documentation and think, but is not
too bad.  Mdk 8.1 is the current release.

the others are good and have their strong points, but mdk is a good place to

as for MS office 2000, there is already a thread about that in this news
you would do good to read it.

FWIW, i use Abiword and staroffice.

good luck with the change over.