wine+hl.exe ???

moonie moonie at gaganc.org
Sun Oct 7 16:20:56 CDT 2001

boba at cyberworld.dp.ua wrote:

> moonie wrote:
>
> > boba at cyberworld.dp.ua wrote:
> > >
> > > Could not load HL_Res.dll
> > >
> > > help me, plz
> >
> > First tell us what your system is (video card specifically).  You have
> > to have OpenGL compiled in wine and you also have to have 3d drivers for
> > your video card.  I will be happy to help you get it running, I love
> > playing HL, CS, TFC, FA and DoD in Linux.
> >
> > moonie ;)
>
> SlackWare 8.0  (2_4_10)+ XFree86 (last) + wine 20011004 (unstripped) with
> --enable-opengl + MSI 8817 GeForce 2Mx
>
> Drivers for video - NVidia_GLX-1.0-1251 (and kernel 1251)
>
> Starcraft run, but very slow :(

I installed wine-20010731 due to a bug in the 200108xx version (perhaps
they fixed it in 20011004 or they broke something else).

What do you get when you run gears?  The problem may be with nvidia
drivers, I use the 1512's.  Are you sure you added 'use glx' and changed
driver from nv to nvidia in your xf86config-4 file?

When installing wine, untar the file, cd to that dir, then do
./tools/wineinstall.  These are the things I did to get hl working with
my system.

BTW be sure you have the video drivers installed first.

moonie ;)