Linux-Mandrake 8.0 and Wine

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Sun Oct 7 17:25:12 CDT 2001

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Shawn Webb wrote:

> When I install Wine via Linux-Mandrake 8.0 cd number 2, the config file is
> always missing. Can I change this?
You are meant to make a config file to tell Wine where on your Linux
filesystem _you_ want it to find what it presents to windows apps as
C: and D: and so on, and how _you_ want it to behave.  The Wine project
provides a sample in <wine>/documentation/samples/config.  Mandrake
should install that file at /usr/share/doc/wine-*/samples/config
(I say wine-* because I don't know what Wine release came with Mandrake
8, only that it is already obsolete.).
copy that to ~/.wine/config and edit it to suit.  C: can be a directory
in an ext2 filesystem, if you like, or it could be the mount point of a
real windows partition (the Linux directory where the partition is
mounted.  "df" to see what is mounted where).

If you can't find it, complain to Mandrake.