Problem: No Serial ports present

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Oct 10 05:19:14 CDT 2001

Vaclav Peroutka <vaclavp at s3group.cz> wrote:
: Hi,

: I have wine without Windows instalation and would like to use my HP
: Coolpix camera unload software.

: After installation I allowed direct read/write to COM ports in
: wine.conf, but the program complains there are no COM ports at all.

: If I run wine --debugmsg +file +relay, I get something like wine works
: with COM2 (COM1 is mouse) and missing wineoss.drv, MFC42LOC.DLL and
: reg.dat.

: How can I successfully detect my ports in Wine ?
You don't need to detect them, you need to configure them and have
appropriate rights on the devices.

For me this looks like
> id
uid=503(bon) ... 14(uucp)...