X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Patrick Berge pberge at stny.rr.com
Wed Oct 10 23:39:42 CDT 2001

Hi,

I got a new laptop and have been updating all my tools.  All the wine apps
I need working are running fine except Street Atlas 8.0 which I got running
fine on my old laptop.

I am failing with the latest wine-cvs from Oct 9th with the following:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2a00027
  Serial number of failed request:  578

If I run with "Synchronous" = "Y" then I  get no error but wine seemed to
just hang.  I then try the exact same old wine release from my old laptop
and got the same error.  As a result I think my problem may be related to
XFree86 4.1 which I  just installed for dri support.

Pat