ttyS0 access

Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto antonio at xultz.wox.org
Sat Oct 13 00:23:51 CDT 2001

Until last week my wine runs a Microcontroler Programmer under serial port very well,
But in this week have problems to work wine for serial ports on my new Mandrake 8.1.

Well, in Mdk 8.1 there is no ttyS0 devices but links to /dev/tts/0 and /dev/tts/1

I realy don't remember how was until last week, but I think about users and perms to devices.
I try to chmod a+rw for /dev/tts/0 and tts/1 but does not work.

In the bash where I call the wine messages apears like that:
fixme:comm:EnableCommNotification16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:CloseComm16 no cid=-1 found!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:FlushComm16 no cid=-1 found!
fixme:comm:WriteComm16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:GetCommError16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:EnableCommNotification16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:CloseComm16 no cid=-1 found!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:FlushComm16 no cid=-1 found!
fixme:comm:FlushComm16 no cid=-1 found!
fixme:comm:WriteComm16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:GetCommError16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:EnableCommNotification16 no handle for cid = ffffffff!
fixme:comm:EscapeCommFunction16 no cid=65535 found!
fixme:comm:CloseComm16 no cid=-1 found!

	Please, if anyone can aid me about access serial ports reply me, cause I need it to my job. Tanx all.

	Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto

PS: Very thanks to Bernhard Rosenkränzer for the Daily rpm build in the site www.linux-easy.com.