parallel scanner support (general question)

Nils Ellendt unemployable at sozialethisch-desorientiert.de
Tue Oct 16 05:46:50 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'm using the Umax Astra 610p scanner (parallel port scanner).
Unfortunately, it is not supported by sane as Umax is not publishing specs.
Searching on google I found out that some people got it working using
vmware but nobody could get it working with wine.
That is surprising me because people seem to get lots of complicated
windows applications working but not a small scanner application. Is the
problem the way the scanner software accesses the parallel port or what is
the problem?

Nils