Path

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Oct 17 15:26:43 CDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:54:14 +0200, "daniel huhardeaux"
<daniel.huhardeaux at motopol.pl> wrote:

>C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

I wonder why people feel the need to brag about that...

<snip>

>my working directory is "c:/har/sys" (KDE for instance) or =
>"/usr/share/wine-c/har/sys" I tried both. Trying to run a exe program =
>which need files in this directory abort this program with error file =
>not found

That's because when you launch 'wine program.exe', the
current directory is the directory where you are when wine
is launched, not the directory where the .exe file is.
In many cases in Windows, the current directory when an
executable file is launched is the app directory itself (but
this is a feature of the Windows explorer, not the operating
system itself)

>(I run it with wine --debugmsg +file)

Do you think it will help Wine to find files ?

> Same if i try to run it =
>from my home directory.

Write a shell script to change the current directory to
the one to need and launch wine after.

>But if I go in /usr/share/wine-c/har/sys it =
>worked. I read in a sample config file that there is option [programs] =
>which allows you to run a per default program or to define a default =
>directory. Not working too.

I don't see what you are talking about. Which sample file ?

>So my question is:
>
>1) why path is not taking care of my directories
>2) is [programs] chapter out of date?

where is this programs chapter ?

>3) which solution I have (ok, to work from this directory)

to work from this directory.

Gerard