Installation / configuration

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Wed Oct 17 16:35:15 CDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Mikael Winther Bertelsen wrote:

> I'm trying to install Wine 20011004.
> ./tools/wineinstall crashed my box so I went for manually installing.
> When I try ./tools/winecheck I get a
> 024. Checking availability of windows registry entries... CRITICAL (entry
> "Default Taskbar" not found).
> Then it tells me, as an advice, that the windows registry isn't installed.
> I did a ./programs/regapi/regapi setValue < winedefault.reg.
> What am I missing?

A windows partition, with registry file[s].
> I'm trying to configure without a windows partition
> Thanks in advance
> Mikael B.
----------------------- checking registry configuration ------------------------
032. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    OK.
033. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   CRITICAL (entry "Def
ault Taskbar" not found).
- ADVICE: Windows registry does not seem to be added to Wine. This can affect ma
ny newer programs. Original registry entries won't be available with a no-window
s install, of course, so you'll have to live with that..

Can you not read?  That seems pretty clear to me, even it is not
prettily formatted.