wine network map problem

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Oct 19 06:24:39 CDT 2001

Vijai .G <vijai at ealcatraz.com> wrote:

> Hi

> I have instlled codeweaver's wine in RH 7.1 Machine

> From A Linux Machine I Mounted a Apllication Share Folder which is in
> WINNT BOX.

> Share Folder is \\DFGServer\ImageEntry in the WINNT side. I Mounted
> this in Linux and Configured inside wine As I:\ Drive.

> When I Start the Application The Gui comesup. After I Enter User Name
> It Says Userdatabase file Not Found and Exits.

> When I Look at the wine Log it Shows unable to open
> \\DFGServer\ImageEntry\Logs\UserDB.dat.

> but this file exist in I:\Logs\UserDB.dat.
Err, yeah, BUT:
it's requesting it as \\DFGServer\stuff !
UNC pathname handling is still not implemented yet in Wine.
Somebody should *really* implement this in some way by interfacing with
Samba in order to get data from non-mounted servers...
Several programs *require* this and thus fail to run.
And no, I won't do it. I've got a hell of a lot of other things to do.
But I'd be glad to help someone really interested in and capable of
getting this to work.

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: