Type1 Fonts

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Oct 20 19:29:08 CDT 2001

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Richard W. Knight wrote:

> Thanks Lawson,
> In my wine config I have ..
> [afmfiles]
> "1" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
> That entry is correct, X usesthe fonts in that directory. Wine just
> doesn't see them.
> Any other suggestions?
I guess I was wrong in saying afmdirs was after 20010824.  I just pulled
documentation/samples/config from my tar of wine-20010824 and it has

; List of all directories directly contain .AFM files
"1" = "/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts"
"2" = "/usr/share/a2ps/afm"
"3" = "/usr/share/enscript"
"4" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"

Now the Wine doco is not always in perfect synch with the code, but I
don't know of a single case where it has been changed _before_ the code.
Where did you get the config with [afmfiles]?  A newer Wine might help
too.  Unfortunately, winsock was broken in Wine-20011004 and fixed the
next day or so.  If anybody needs it, I can dredge up the patch that
fixed it (I follow the wine cvs by email).