Printing with CUPS and missing deadkeys

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sun Oct 21 17:45:04 CDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:30:45 +0200, "Alejandro Geberovich"
<ageberovich at gmx.at> wrote:

>The following is taken from the Wine Documentation:
>
>If you are using CUPS, you do not need to configure .ini or registry
>entries, everything is autodetected.
>
>It doesn't work, though. Anyone knows another way to get CUPS to work? In
>Linux it works perfectly. The applications prompt that they can't find a
>printer driver. How can you make windows know there is a printer driver?

I don't know - it works for me.
Maybe run with -debugmsg +winspool could help
to understand what happens - redirect to a file with
&>file.txt and post the result here.
And please givet the exact Wine version you use and
some details about your system (distro, kernel and
glibc version, and if you installed custom libraries
by yourself)

>The next problem:
>I've a german keyboard. Under Linux, I have all the deadkeys. When
>running wine, I can't use them. Doesn't wine use the settings from
>XF86Config? In which wine config file do I add the option LANG=De (with
>deadkeys)?

AFAIK dead keys don't work (I replied to the same problem a few days
ago, btw)

Gerard