/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register: no such file or directory

Alukard Vrykolakas nobody at myemail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:34:46 CDT 2001

Heyall... I managed a workaround on this one...  Still looking for any
advice though..

what I did was...

I booted to my old kernel 2.4.2-2smp and I didn't get the error booting so I
figured it was a kernel recompile issue... I noticed in this kernel
binfmt_misc was compiled as a module so I recompiled my 2.4.9-6 kernel the
same way for this piece.  This got it working.  I don't usually use modules
so I'm wondering why this seems necessary.

I noticed in the init files windows script has
modprobe binfmt in it... I'm wondering if replacing this with the mount
command  I mentioned in my original post might help me get this back in the
kernel..

Any ideas... thanks...

news:KTFA7.140671$vq.32664430 at typhoon.ne.mediaone.net...