Trying to startup Wine

Larry Alkoff invalid at nowhere.com
Sun Oct 21 16:45:13 CDT 2001

g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid (gerard patel) wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 17:00:00 -0400 (EDT), lawson_whitney at juno.com
> wrote:
> <snip>
> >The doco is all written with the mistaken assumption that wine users
> >know how to work a *nix system.
>
> Maybe with this one also :-)
>
> "This is still a developers only release."

I looked all over the winehq site for some indication of a "stable" release
but didn't find anything like that.

I'm not very comfortable running a version that says:
> VERSIONS OF WINE IN THIS DIRECTORY ARE DEVELOPMENT VERSIONS.  THEY ARE LIKELY
> TO CONTAIN NUMEROUS BUGS.  USE OF THESE VERSIONS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
but that's the best I could find.

BTW, I'm running Slack 8.0 with the 2.4.5 kernel.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA
My address is:  larryalk is_at mindspring dot com