Trying to startup Wine

Larry Alkoff invalid at nowhere.com
Sun Oct 21 16:17:23 CDT 2001

g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid (gerard patel) wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:26:44 GMT, Larry Alkoff <invalid at nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have downloaded the source (wine-20011004),
> >compiled and installed with ~/wine-20011004/tools/install.sh
> >and am attempting to start running it.
> <snip>
>
> The proper tool to use is wineinstall (as said in the README)
>
> Gerard

Please excuse the error in my post Gerard.  I actually _did_ use
/tools/wineinstall
to install wine as stated in the Wine User Guide from Wine Developement Hq
but specified the wrong program in my post.

I now have sol working :-)

Still having problems getting most dos program working using
wine c:/path/dos-program.exe.

I was able to run a dos version of cat but could not get it to cat a file,
all I got was the help when you don't specify a target file.  Command was:
wine c:/1bin/cat.exe  c:/1bin/cat.doc - both files are in that directory.

I use dos versions of linux common linux commands where possible
to avoid confusion.

There must be a secret to running dos commands but I haven't found anything
yet in the docs.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA
My address is:  larryalk is_at mindspring dot com