Wine installation problem

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Oct 23 11:09:43 CDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Olivier Scalbert wrote:

> gerard patel wrote:
>
> > Well.
> > Let's assume your wine is compiled in /home/olivier/wine
> > before launching wine, set :
> > export WINESERVER=/home/olivier/wine/server/wineserver
> > Does this change anything ?
> >
> > Gerard
>
> No same behaviour.

I would find it more convincing if you would show the message
showing the "same behavior"

> If I enter a mistake (bad name), I have the following:
>
> wine: could not exec the server
> '/home/ols/prog/wine-20011004/server/wineserve'
>     specified in the WINESERVER environment
> variableFIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
>  : No such file or directory
>
> Olivier

Nuts.  The versions that don't match come from the same header file.
If /home/ols/prog/wine-20011004/server/wineserver is the wrong version,
wineinstall failed in some way and you ignored the error.
If it happened to me I would remove that puppy and rerun make and maybe
even capture the output of it in case it does it again.

cd /home/ols/prog/wine-20011004
rm server/wineserver
make 2>&1 | tee ~/logfile

Doesn't take very long to build a new wineserver.

Lawson

panic: detected rogue system administrator!!
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.