wine-20011004 Problems

Michael S. Moulton mmoulton at vt.edu
Tue Oct 23 17:04:36 CDT 2001

I'm having major problems with the 10/4 Wine release.  Currently the only
thing I really use Wine for is Eudora Light 3.0.5.  The most stable
release for me thus far has been wine-20010112, which is what I'm using
right now.  Most of the releases since then have had window problems with
Eudora-- messages having too much blank space, strange things.

So I tried 1004, and it has a new problem.  Eudora _looks_ great, better
than any previous release.  However, I have two showstopping problems--
first, Eudora can't seem to access the net with this release (this makes
e-mail quite difficult, as I'm sure you can imagine).  Second, Eudora
keeps popping up errors I've never seen before about not being able to
modify mailbox files.  However, it did manage to corrupt my inbox...
(thank God for backups!).  So, I'm not sure where to go from here...
--Mike