Ongoing Eudora problems and a thanks

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Oct 24 20:10:54 CDT 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:09:10 -0400, "Michael S. Moulton"
<mmoulton at vt.edu> wrote:

>First off, thanks to the Wine team-- the 10/4 build is the closest to
>working well with Eudora I have had since the one I currently run, which
>was 1/12/01.
>
>Second, thanks to Lawson Whitney for sending me the socket patch so I
>could get the 10/4 build on the net!
>
>Now, Eudora Light 3.0.5 is running much better under the 10/4 build.  A
>few little things are still wrong.
>Running just "wine --managed eudora.exe" seems to work pretty well, but
>there are a few issues with the mailbox list down the left side.  The
>main one being that mailboxes with no mail aren't bold like they should
>be.

I see the opposite : when a mailbox has mail,  it's bold.

>So, I went ahead and tried "wine --managed --dll comctl32=native
>eudora.exe".  This is the way I have to run it under the 1/12 build, so
>it's the one I fall back to when the defaults don't work perfectly under
>newer builds.  This works very well, except for 2 things.  First, it's
>significantly slower than the 1/12 build when opening/closing windows.

Yes, that's a general slowing. Nothing I can fix, it's a fundamental
design problem.

>Second (this is the killer)-- if Eudora is minimized, and a new message
>comes in, the mailbox window shrinks to its smallest possible size.  This
>is really really annoying :)

Some questions

1) what do you mean by mailbox ? the message list ? the mailbox tree
window ?
2) a message comes in : do you have set automatic scan of server for
new messages ? Does the problem occurs also when asking the server
by hand ?
3) do you see the problem when running with all builtin libraries ?
4) about minimizing problems : which window manager do you
use (it can matter)

Gerard