basic install questions

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Thu Oct 25 23:00:01 CDT 2001

Hello,

I was reading the docs and have a few questions:

1. I compile wine from the daily debian repository at gluck.debian.org.
   Do I still need to first remove the old wine before dpkg'ing a newly
   compiled wine source?

2. I plan on installing wine WITH Windows.   Can I still use winesetuptk?
   I can ignore installation on wine-lib, right?

3. Copyright issues aside, would the most effective policy be to collect
   every ".dll" file on a Win98 machine and copy them all over to
   /C/System on my system?  My girlfriend keeps a dual boot around.

Thanks!!!

Pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002