updating wine on mandrake 8.0

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Fri Oct 26 14:22:30 CDT 2001

You also need to have libXpm installed on your system. The sources for
it are available at ftp.x.org and all its mirror sites in the directory
/contrib/libraries. If you are using RedHat, libXpm is distributed as the
xpm and xpm-devel packages. Debian distributes libXpm as xpm4.7, xpm4g,
and xpm4g-dev. SuSE calls these packages xpm and xpm-devel.

i only use debian, but i think you can find rpm's on rpmfind.net.

Peter

begin: phiLLip maDDux II <phillip at fiu.edu> quote
> Thanks for getting me started..
>
> Well I tried it and to test it I tried to run solitaire (sol.exe), and I
> get the following error messages
>
> fixme:x11drv:OBM_CreateBitmaps Xpm support not in the binary, please
> install the Xpm and Xpm-devel packages and recompile
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x40a1a604 "?" wait timed
> out, retrying (60 sec) fs=008f
>
> Will installing Xpm and Xpm-devel packages fix this? If so where can I
> get it? Thanks you!
>

> gerard patel wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:21:16 -0400, phiLLip maDDux II
> ><phillip at fiu.edu> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello, I am running mandrake 8.0 and it is running Wine release 20010305
> >>
> >>what steps do I need to take in order to update Wine to the latest
> >>release?
> >>

> >download the tar.gz from winehq
> >uninstall the Mandrake Wine with the mandrake tool
> >unpack the tar.gz
> >then use wineinstall as said in the README
> >to compile and install wine.
> >
> >Gerard

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002