error message not understood

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Oct 31 14:38:42 CST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:31:41 +0500, John F. Godfrey, Pastor
<johnfg at spirit.org> wrote:

>I noticed another problem after I changed the
>"system" = "C:\\winnt\\SYSTEM" to "system" = "C:\\winnt\\SYSTEM32"
>After I made the change, the application that had worked, didn't.  It was
>looking for a dll in c:\winnt\system.  It seems as thought the path is set
>to include both system and system32, but is there a way I can set
>"system" = "C:\\winnt\\SYSTEM" to be both system and system32?

No, there is only one system directory; but you can add whatever
directory you want to the Wine path in the config file
"Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system32;c:\\windows\\system"
It's true that windows nt search files in both directories.

I guess this is the answer to the question if you have
succeeded with another application then :-)

I have searched your app on the net and found it.
Ufortunately no trial version is available for download
- well, I was expecting this ;-),so I can't help you
directly

You can do something : put a full trace on the
net (I mean a -debugmsg +relay,+seh : that will
generate a big file, much too big for usenet) but
it's more difficult to debug remotely than having
the app at hand.

Gerard