Problems setting up printing/registry

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Sep 5 19:30:51 CDT 2001

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 20:12:58 GMT, "Bill Medland" <medbi01 at accpac.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to set up Wine to be able to print.
>
>I am able to print from Linux
>
>I am able to print ps from Linux
>
>I am following a combination of the westfalen HOWTO and the Wine
>documentation (assuming that the documentation is more up to date)
>
>I am testing by trying to print from notepad.
>
>I have got as far (after too many hours!!) as the following when I select
>the Print option
>
>err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDevModeFromReg corrupted registry for L"Default
>DevMode" ( Size 0)
>(twice)
>and an unhandled exception
>
>According to Gerard I ought to try removing the DevMode lines from the
>registry
>
>I have and it hasn't helped.

Are you trying to use 'native' windows printer driver ?
This was broken a long time ago and - AFAIK -
nobody has reported any success for a long time.
I have some vague idea to have a new try at it some
day but I have so many strange problems currently :-/

OTOH the builtin printing works fine for me on my
Mandrake 8 - this distro use CUPS for printing and
it works out of the box as Marcus Meissner said it
would :-)

Gerard