Newbe Question

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Sep 6 18:26:26 CDT 2001

On 6 Sep 2001 20:09:06 GMT, Jim Turner <turnerj at lapdog.lmtas.lmco.com>
wrote:

>	No, I don't need sound, but the app only shows the tiny splash
>screen, then it locks up with wine appearing to be stuck in a loop
>and redisplaying this message and nothing else!  I just assumed that the
>app would not continue to load unless it can access /dev/sequencer.
>BTW, I am running Mandrake 7.2, kernel 2.2.17 and Wine 20000909 (the one
>that came with Mandrake.

No, /dev/sequencer is not the culprit, that is sure.
You can try to update Wine to latest (www.winehq.com)
and hope for the best.
You have to compile Wine, of course.

Then if the problem is the same with current Wine, run with
-debugmsg +relay and try to cut 200 lines after it seems to
repeat itself (I know it's not obvious, if you don't find anything
just cut the 200 lines before the end, when you killed it.
Then post the stuff.

It's useless to post a trace with your Wine version.

Gerard