Programs Won't Start Via File Manager

Charles Vinson vinsoncg at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 15:38:23 CDT 2001

Installed latest version of Codeweavers Wine.  First off, I did not have a
Wine Menu in KDE as stated.  So, I ran winsetup via a run window.
Everything worked fine, once I remembered to mount the Windows partition
before starting setup.

Ok, here is my real problem.  I can start and run .exe files from the
terminal with no problem, but when I try to start them via the KDE file
manager nothing happens.  If I type the whole path into the "path" portion
of the config file, then the program will run.  I have literally dozens of
paths to all my Windows Pgms, so I don't want to (can't?) put them all into
the "paths" line.

What do I have to do to get programs to start by double-clicking on the
icon?

Thanks in advance.
--
Chuck Vinson