Wine and cyrillic input and output ?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at sloboda.ru
Sun Sep 9 19:26:40 CDT 2001

"Da'Neil" <yod at msx.ru> wrote:

> > Look at the wine/documentation/samples/config file. There are a couple of
> > samples for russian users in the [fonts] section.
>
> From these samples bitmap fonts (e.g. helvetica) work only, but Windows
> native Unicode fonts don't - there are only boxes:(

Do these unicode fonts work in other X applications? Does the only Wine display
them wrong? Since it's me who have added those samples, all works fine for me:
RH 6.2/2.2.19, XFree86 3.3.6, 4.0.1-4.1.0.

> Second problem is output: when I switch layout to russian I get the following
> error:
> #fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
> #found!
> #Using closest match instead (Russian keyboard layout) for scancode mapping.
> #Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
> #to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.

In the most cases it's a harmless warning. Does something misbehave for you?

> But where's this file located?

wine/windows/x11drv/keyboard.c

> Third problem is that programs incorrectly read names of folders with russian
> letters (pervert encoding, so 'Дистрибутивы' looks like 'дХЯРПХАСРХБШ').

Yes, that's the real problem. It will persist until all internal Wine file APIs
will be converted to unicode.

--
Dmitry.