re-getting keyboard focus

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Tue Sep 11 13:40:25 CDT 2001

>When you loose keyboard focus in a game (say, Diablo 2) in wine, I
>haven't found a way to re-get it. The mouse works fine but the keyboard
>does not work once you loose the focus (for example by clicking outside
>the ddraw area).
>
>Any solutions ?
>
>Also, is there a way to "ALT+TAB" out of wine ? Because I was thinking
>maybe DXGrab = Y could help this, but it is too dangerous to enable
>if there are no built-in wine hotkeys to switch out of it...

The best solution (IMO) is to just call 'chvt' from a remote console.

It happened a few times to me when using opengl with my Voodoo2 and
it did not switched back to my 2d card.

Some people even go deeper and attachs a script that is triggered by a
joystick to do this.  So all they have to do is to click the button :)

-Raul Dias