Wine and cyrillic input and output ?

Da'Neil yod at msx.ru
Wed Sep 12 14:36:48 CDT 2001

> Yes, there is the same problem as in the message of Nikita V. Youshchenko.
> Could you please send me by e-mail (specified in the reply to Nikita)
> maximally detailed description of your current X keyboard setup?

<i18n>
SYSFONT=UniCyr_8x16
LC_CTYPE=ru
LC_MONETARY=ru
LANGUAGE=ru
LC_TIME=ru
LC_NUMERIC=ru
LC_COLLATE=ru
LC_MESSAGES=ru
LANG=ru
SYSFONTACM=koi8-r
</i18n>

<XFree86Config-4>
 Section "InputDevice"
 Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
 Option "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
 Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
 Option "XkbLayout" "ru(winkeys)"
 EndSection
</XFree86Config-4>

Last config gives rather unusual side-effect: right Alt key works like a
temporary layout switch (its action is similar to Shift-key, i.e. while I
hold Alt layout is changed). But the most interesting thing I've discovered
today is that this magic Alt makes Wine PRINT RUSSIAN LETTERS:)))
However, I don't think it's the best solution...

--
(c)2k+1|Da'Neil