Some sort of focus problem

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Sep 13 03:00:17 CDT 2001

G'day all,
I am struggling with a problem I can't identify, related to window focus
when running wine not using desktop or managed mode.
When using managed mode, it works wine, but I want to use it in this
instance with an
xinit /usr/bin/wine programname

This works ok, until I get some sort of message dialog come up, then
what happens is wine seems to switch focus rapidly between the parent
window and the message dialog. This prevents any useful interaction with
the program and I have to kill wine to get it to stop. I have written a
basic program with Borland Delphi that shows the behaviour on all my
machines running wine.

it can be downloaded from
http://www.wasp.net.au/~brad/Project1.zip
It's 162kb zipped and it's a single windows executable file.
All you have to do is run it. It will open up. Just click the close
program icon in the top right of the screen and when the message dialog
comes up asking you to save changes, click yes. This will then bring up
a standard save dialog box that has the focus switch problem and the program
becomes useless..
The program does not create/alter any registry entries or files and I can
supply source if required. (It's only about 10 lines just to demonstrate
the problem). If someone can point me in the right direction, I'll even
have a go at fixing it myself.

--
Brad....
                   /"\