Wine and Windows 2000

B. Joshua Rosen bjrosen at polybus.com
Fri Sep 14 07:08:30 CDT 2001

If the apps that you want to run are things like Office you are better
off using Win4Lin or vmware. I use wine for applications that require
large amounts of memory (Win4Lin is limited to 64M) and consist of single
executables, i.e. they are not large collections of DLLs. For me that
means Xilinx place and route tools which started life as Unix apps and
are ported to Windoze. For true Windows apps like Word or Acrobat
Distiller I use WIn4Lin I find that Win4Lin is the best solution.