Trying to get games running

Povl H. Pedersen nospam at home.terminal.dk
Sun Sep 16 16:47:10 CDT 2001

Hi,

there are 2 games I want to get up and running, they are
Alpha Centauri and HOMM3. I would buy AC if it was available
at a decent price.

I have installed both from original CD, from Wine. My problems
are:

HOMM3: Comes up with a warning: Unable to initialize resources,
possible disk problem. Can't remember if it is protected.
This version was upgraded to version 1.4 by the installer.

Alpha Centauri: Is protected with SafeDisc :( Downloaded UnSafedisc
to make it run anyway. But it dies with error 5.

Both games manages to switch screen res + reset the sound
mixer to default levels.