Can't run anything

Paul Evans nerd at freeuk.com
Mon Sep 17 18:26:25 CDT 2001

I've freshly compiled wine:

# wine --version
Wine release 20010824

But if I try to run anything:

# wine c:\\windows\\notepad
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XFree86-DGA)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  22 (XDGAOpenFramebuffer)
  Serial number of failed request:  179

I'm not too worried about A: failing there - that's cause I don't have
that mountpoint.

What's wrong - do I not have the correct version of X running?:

# rpm -q xf86
xf86-4.0.2-4

I'm running on SuSE 7.1 with custom-built 2.4.9 kernel with ACL patch
(incidentally, my network card driver doesn't work, but I don't think
that's relavent. Still, included for completeness, eh...)

--
Paul Evans

(1st Year Maths & CompSci at Pembroke College, Cambridge, England)

pe208 at cam.ac.uk (university)
nerd at freeuk.com (alternate)
ICQ# 4135350