Dos programs under wine

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Sep 19 05:08:46 CDT 2001

Marcus Roeckrath <marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de> wrote:
: Hi,

: is there a way to execute dos programs in wine. I found a dosmod executable
: in the wine binary rpm.

: I know that there is an dos emulator named dosemu but after updating to SuSE
: 7.2 some dos programs (maybe programs using dpmi memory like DBase) crashes
: with "segmentation fault". Before they had running fine in dosemu.

Try "wine <dos-programm.exe>" on a well configured system. Some programs
will run, but the focus has not yet been on graphic intensive programms.

While dosemu requires an underlying DOS (with the need for a license when MS
Dos is used) Wine also reimplements the DOS environment.
Dosemu had some big changes in the last time. It should work however.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de