File sharing (napster like)

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Sep 19 13:38:17 CDT 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:22:20 +0200, Tristan Koch <tr.koch at web.de>
wrote:

>winmx/morpheus should work with installed windows, but not without.
>As I understand the way wine works, the problem is, that some native dlls
>should be used, if I can find out what dlls, I can download or copy them.
>Is there a way to find out what dlls/functions are missing?

If the function is not implemented, Wine will crash
when trying to use it with a somewhat explicit
error message (unimplemented stub or something
like that).

If the function is implemented but not correctly,
Wine will not work correctly.
There is no automatic way of finding out which
is the culprit.

That's one reason there is an application database,
btw.

Gerard