win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD A:. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Sep 20 17:01:15 CDT 2001

Marc MERLIN <marc_wine at merlins.org> wrote:
: Hi,

: I was hoping  to use wine to  run one of those stupid  windows binaries that
: generate a floppy (at  least IBM has a clue, and also  offers the raw floppy
: image for dd-ing)

: In this case, the culprit is seagate's seatools:
: http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/

: I installed wine under debian  unstable (Version: 0.0.20010824-1) and when I
: run the windows binary under wine, it runs but fails to write the floppy and
: wine fails with:
: trace:file:CreateFileA \\.\A: QUERY_ACCESS FILE_SHARE_READ FILE_SHARE_WRITE OPEN_EXISTING
: fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD A:. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !

: The only replaceable DLL wine loads  is advapi32.dll, and I tried to provide
: one from w2k and win98 ("advapi32" = "native, builtin") but it didn't help.

: Of course, changing the version of windows (--winver) didn't help either

: Is it a piece of  wine that is still missing or is there  a way to make this
: work?
Obviously not a VXD is loaded, but access to /dev/fd0 is requested. Perhaps
you can hack the wine code to return a handle to /dev/fd0 in that case and
look what happens...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de