Wine and NVIDIA

666jochen666 jochen at allschools.net
Thu Sep 20 20:20:52 CDT 2001

Hello, I'm new to this list and I tried to avoid this mail for more than a
week. I've been reading through all of the docs about my problem and I think
that I discovered it but I need a tip to solve it.
Here my problem:

Output of the configure skript

*snipp*
checking for GL/gl.h... (cached) yes
checking for GL/glx.h... (cached) yes
checking for GL/glext.h... (cached) yes
checking for up-to-date OpenGL version... (cached) yes
checking for thread-safe OpenGL version... (cached) no
checking for glXCreateContext in -lGL... (cached) no
checking for gluLookAt in -lGLU... (cached) no
*snipp*

What is wrong? libGL.so and libGLU are in position. libGL.so points to the
NVidia-libs. The headerfiles are the correct ones. ldconfig -p says that it
got the libraries.
So why da heck don't I get hardware acceleration.
By the way: Alle other 3d apps compile perfectly.
(Sorry, I'm really desperate. I'm not used to deal with such kind of
compileprobelms. My last c++ program was done some time ago and everything
beyond a javac is getting me into trouble at the momen ;-) )

Thx
Jochen