Wine and NVIDIA

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Sep 20 21:07:50 CDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, 666jochen666 wrote:

> > I had the same problem a few weeks ago, I am pretty sure I was getting
> > the exact same configure output. I had though I had already looked for
> > leftover Mesa libs, but after much head scratching I finally found an
> > extraneous (Mesa) library under /usr/X11R6/lib, to which the test
> > scripts were linking instead of the Nvidia version under /usr/lib.
> > Deleting the /usr/X11R6/lib version cleaned the problem right up. This
> > was with Debian/testing, YMMV.
>
> Already checked that with ldconfig and locate. Both tell me that there are
> only those libs that I installed.

rm config.cache
and try ./configure again.

./configure remembers everything it found or didn't find on your system
and doesn't test for it again.  If you change your configuration in any
way (install or uninstall anything) you must remove config.cache before
./configure catches on.  As a Wine developer, you are 'spoze to know
that.  (<wine>/ANNOUNCE).

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!