Wine-20010824 problems with wineinstall and loading windows DLL's

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Sep 21 12:22:21 CDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:21:54 GMT, Robin Roevens
<Robin.Roevens at yucom.be> wrote:

<snip>
>Name "main::RCS_ID" used only once: possible typo at ./wineconf line 7.
>Name "main::DOS2Device" used only once: possible typo at ./wineconf line
>230.
>Name "main::Device2DOS" used only once: possible typo at ./wineconf line
>227.
>Name "main::DOSpathdir" used only once: possible typo at ./wineconf line 294
>WINE REGISTRY Version 2
>;; All keys relative to \\Machine\\Software\\Wine\\Wine\\Config.
><snip>

Please list the complete fstab file and the full output
of wineconf - you cut the interesting part.

<snip>
>[wine]
>"windows" = "D:"
<snip>
>So I started my first Wine app: winamp, it worked well so I tried a
>bigger application. But whatever application I tried which uses other
>DLL's than the standard system DLL's failed because Wine claimes not to
>find the desired DLL(s), even if those DLL's are located in the same
>directory as the executable or when they are installed in the
>windows\system dir.

the windows=d: line is wrong: it is the path to the windows
*directory*, not the windows partition; you should set it to
"windows"="d:\windows"

The rest seems correct and Wine should find dlls; to find what
happens, run with -debugmsg +module,+dosfs,+file - from the
traces you will be able to figure out where Wine is trying to
find the application dlls.

Gerard