xilinx under wine; problems by installation

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:35:59 CDT 2001

Thomas Zipper wrote:

> Hi all,
> I`m a newbie and I need any help!!
> I want to istall xilinx under win and after the command /wine setup.exe
> /Iget the following message:

I can't help with the error messages. But my suggestion for getting
Xilinx to run under wine is, assuming you have a dual boot system
(almost required if running EDA tools), boot into Windoze and do the
install there. You will need the Windows installation if you intend to
run any of the licensed tools, such as FPGA Express, since they use VXDs
that do not work in Wine.

I also have received reports of problems with using the latest 3.3i sp8
tools under Wine in conjunction with a WinNT installation. They work
fine with Win98. Other installations, including a Windoze free Wine
installation, I know nothing about.

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).