Flash 5 on Mandrake 8.0

Steve Lange surfimp at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 13:14:58 CDT 2001

Okay, here is an update:

On the Codeweaver's Wine Knowledgebase I found this link:

http://wine.codeweavers.com/fom-meta/cache/332.html

It describes the problem I am having with trying to install Flash 5
succinctly; specifically: "Setup failed to launch installation engine
(0xXXXXXXXX)".

I've tried the suggestion mentioned on that page--adding the "--dll
ole32=n" string, but now I can't even get Wine to start at all. Again, I
am using Wine with a fake windows partition. I went into the
System_Files folder, and there is an ole32.dll listed, but I don't know
if this is a real dll or not--and I was able to find another copy of
ole32.dll, so I'm wondering if I should overwrite the existing version
with the one I've downloaded, to see if that might work better somehow.

It's looking like I may have to set up a real Windows partition in order
to get this working like this guy did:

http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=23&versionId=79

Oh well...again, any help much appreciated.

Steve Lange