WinME, Win2000: status

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at sloboda.ru
Fri Sep 28 06:14:42 CDT 2001

"Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey.oudaltsov at clients.ie> wrote:

> > If you mean an optional use of DLLs from ME or 2000 it always only limited
> > by the implemented functionality of DLLs provided by Wine.
> Why? Does this mean I cannot use native dlls from my installation of
> these OSes?

It only means, that native DLLs might rely on some not (yet) implemented
functionality in the base Wine core DLLs. Not more, not less.

I.e. someone can speak only about support in Wine for native DLLs borrowed
from some particular MS' OS, not about support for that particular OS in Wine.
That wording is just not correct.

--
Dmitry.