can't find tools/wineinstall

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sat Sep 29 19:06:23 CDT 2001

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:51:28 +0000, Joey Kelly <looseduk at ductape.net>
wrote:

>I have SuSE 7.2 and installed wine via YaST (wine rpm). I do not have
>windows on my computer at all. The docs tell me to run
>tools.wineinstall, but I do not seem to have that on my system.

Wineinstall is in the source distribution.
A .rpm is a binary created by the distribution editor - you should ask

them (Suse I guess) where is wineinstall :-)

If it's not provided you will have to setup your config file - reading
the wine manual (man wine) is the way to go.

Or get the source from www.winehq.com and compile it
yourself.

Gerard