Toolbars

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Thu Apr 4 01:22:35 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 10:52, David Chow wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> When I start Adobe Illustrator 9.0 and ImageReady.exe from Photoshop,
> both application suffer from the same problem. The toolbars seems get
> stuck with the mouse once you try to move the toolbar windows. I saw
> people having the same problem as I did. Is this a known problem which
> can be fix? Thanks.

Since no-one else has replied yet, please satisfy my curiosity :)

I have a similar issue, that does not appear (as quickly) with heavy
debugging turned on.
Try running Illustrator from a shell with the following (assuming x.exe
is Illustrator or Image Ready):

wine --debugmsg +scroll,+event,+toolbar,+gdi,+heap x.exe

There will be a TON of debug messages, and app will run REALLY slow. It
will seriously take many minutes to start.

Once it's up, see if your toolbars get stuck.  The other people I've
spoken with seem to have the same mouse button issue (left click is
"stuck down") as I, and I'd like to know if yours is the same.  If
that's not your issue, ignore me :)

I can't provide a fix, but maybe if more people than just I have this
issue, (and the strange "fix" of slowness) the priority may go up.

Rick