problem to compile wine

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 07:10:32 CST 2002

--- Andreas Madritsch <amadritsch at datacomm.ch> wrote:
> I have the following errors in my config.log:
>
> conftest.c:2: parse error before `me'
> configure:1765: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> #ifndef __cplusplus
>   choke me
> #endif
>
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 1923 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
>
> This error occurs several times. confdefs.h does not
> exist. Why?
>
> *** Note: Your system appears to have the FreeType 2
> runtime libraries
> *** installed, but 'freetype-config' is not in your
> PATH. Install the
> *** freetype-devel package (or its equivalent on
> your distribution) to
> *** enable Wine to use TrueType fonts.
>

> I have freetype-devel installed.
> Can everybody help me please?

The freetype message seems to be not relevant. You can
update your freetype package to turn on freetype
support. Search the mailing list archives for details.

Could you give more detailed information about your
environment - OS, compiler version, freetype packages
version, X version?

Andriy Palamarchuk